Friday, April 2, 2010

Happily Thereafter...

“…Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light…” Matth11:28-30 NKJV, italics and emphasis mine

I am reminded of the popular scripture used to evangelize, appeal (entice?) them to come to Christ. more often than not in evangelical outreaches we tend to sugar coat life in Christ and give people the impression that when they come to Christ everything is going to be hunky-dory ''don't worry be happy" kind of life.


But reading beyond Matthew 11:28 in vv 29-30 Jesus actually says He has a yoke and He has a burden...yes indeed...He does and those who want to follow Him must first deny themselves, carry their cross and follow Him for "...anyone who wants to live all out for Christ is in for a lot of trouble; there's no getting around it..." 2Tim 3:12 MSG


I believe in prosperity for I believe in God, for He gives me power to get wealth” © TJ Kyara

Tim J Kyara
Husband of 1, Father of many www.timiresnassociates.com
Teacher of the Word www.light2mypath.blogspot.com
Minister and Elder www.christianrevivalcentreministry.org
Educator and Writer www.centre4excellence.com
PhD Research Student www.coventry.ac.uk/researchnet

No comments:

You might also like these: