Friday, June 1, 2012

Twisting God's Arm!

"Is it a fast that I have chosen, a day for a man to afflict his soul?  Is it to bow down his head like a bulrush, and to spread out sackcloth and ashes?  Would you call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord? "Is this not the fast that I have chosen:  To loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? "Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; when you see the naked, that you cover him, and not hide yourself from your own flesh?" © Isaiah 58:5-7, NKJV italics and emphasis mine

I used to believe that fasting is like twisting God's arm so that He can release/give to me what He has chosen to withhold…in essence, it is like a way to re-mote control God to do what I want regardless of His will, plan or purpose. I still believe that when I was baby Christian it worked that way, but as I begin to grow and understand God and His word, it works no more!!!

Fasting primarily does two things, ONE, it demonstrates my seriousness re the case/issue I am presenting. TWO, it quietens my flesh thus heightening my spirit to hear from/of God. God does not necessarily speak because I am fasting, I HEAR HIM because I am fasting. Remember what you don't feed—withers and/or dies. Feed your spirit (prayers and meditation) and deny your flesh, an excellent spiritual exercise.


¬
I believe in prosperity for I believe in God, for He gives me power to get wealth” © TJ Kyara

In His Service

//Tim J Kyara
Teacher of the Word www.light2mypath.blogspot.com
Clean Humour 2 Health www.laughin2health.blogspot.com
Financial Freedom Fighter www.timkyara.blogspot.com

¬¬¬00¬¬00¬¬¬

No comments:

You might also like these: