Monday, November 12, 2007

ye have not, for ye ask not!

“…you want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God

James 4:2 NIV [italics and emphasis mine]

I have realized recently that I worry more than pray as pressure from all corner of my life has increased and overwhelmed me over the years. I realized that there are so many things that I have not really ‘asked’ God for them/about them. I once read a banner which said “why worry if you can pray” and I thought mmmh…easier said than done!

James reminds us that, one of the reason we don’t have what we want is simply because we have not asked God for them. “ask, and it shall be given you” [Mat 7:7 KJV]; “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you” [John 15:7 KJV]. However, James also cautions us that sometimes even when we pray (ask) we will not receive because we have wrong motives “…even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure…” [James 4:3 NLT]

_________________________

copyright ©2007 Light to my path by TJM Kyara

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" Ps 119:105 KJV*

No comments:

You might also like these: