Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My father’s Demons

“…When the men of that place asked him [Isaac] about his wife, he said, "She is my sister," because he was afraid to say, "She is my wife." He thought, "The men of this place might kill me on account of Rebekah, because she is beautiful…” Genesis 26:7 NIV [italics & emphasis mine]

In Tanzania, the Chagga tribe (my descent) is stereo typed as people who love money above everything; the Pare tribe (my other descent) is stereo typed as stingy…there is an ounce of truth in this matter. In the scripture above, Isaac lied in the very same manner his father Abraham did [Gen 12:11-13; 20:1] “she is my sister”. In Matthew 12:43-45 Jesus talks of the demons that were cast out a man and when they found no other place to dwell, they said we will go back to ‘our house’ The term “house” didn’t just mean a person’s body, it also meant the family. Remember Joshua said “…but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” [Joshua 24:15, KJV italics and emphasis mine] Joshua meant his family.

Demons and evil spirits are territorial, when they indwell a given family (KOO) they would normally move on from Great-grandparentsGrandparentsParentsChildren even unto Grandchildren. If you are honest, you will see the same spirits (demons) that tormented your family are out to get you. Family Diseases and illnesses, Generational Poverty, Generational Fear, Generational Sexual promiscuity e.t.c. Only the blood of Jesus can stop that curse and break that chain of pain and you can begin generation of fear of God, blessing and prosperity. Our God is called the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for a reason…

_________________________
copyright ©2008 Light to my path † † † by TJM Kyara

No comments:

You might also like these: