Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Light for my path

“…Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path...” Psalms 119:105 NIV [italics & emphasis mine]

Darkness is not a ‘thing’ it is the absence of light; when the light goes out, darkness takes over. When we are in the darkness we cannot see what is in front of us…a person walking in darkness is more or less like a blind person. When we walk in darkness, we miss our turn, stumble on obstacles, uncertain about what is ahead of us, perhaps walk fearfully and painfully slowly, wonder on the road and long for the feel of security that the light brings.


When we encounter a situation in life in which we fall into darkness, i.e. uncertain about eventuality, wonder from one decision to another; tread slowly lest we tread on obstacles; then its time to bring the light—God’s word into the situation. Psalmist says the word is lamp on my feet not a street light or a beam from Heaven. I have come to realization that God, in most cases, will reveal His will/plan progressively. As I walk in obedience to what I already know, He reveals the next step just like a lantern (light on the feet) will do…light your next step, one step at a time until you reach your destination.


_________________________
copyright ©2008 Light to my path † † † by TJM Kyara
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” Ps 119:105 KJV

No comments:

You might also like these: