Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thou wicked Servant

“…then the man who had received one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown...So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground...' "His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant!...you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest..." Matt 25:24-27, NIV (italics and emphasis mine)


Someone recently told me that he feels useless when it comes to serving God’s people as he has no talent, I told him that his thinking was an insult to God (saying He has created a useless piece of junk simply to fill the earth). More often, this line of thinking is a result of ignorance in understanding of what talent is. A talent is a natural, God given gift, ability or skill to an individual to serve humanity with. Talent is not just singing, acting and dancing ability, it’s anything that you can do well.


The above text highlights important observations; ONE: we don't own our talents, we’re custodian. TWO: we are expected to trade our talents, trade—exchange what you have for what you need or want. THREE: talents are given based on ability to handle. FOUR: as we become faithful (character) with what we can handle (ability), we will be trusted with more. FIVE: if we don't trade our talents, we are wicked (evil, sinful, immoral?) and, SIX: we will give account on what we have done with our talents. Do you know your talent? If not, how can you trade it?



[rushwa ni adui wa haki, sitapokea wala kutoa rushwa
bribery is the enemy of justice, I will neither give nor receive it ] ________________________________________________________
copyright ©2008 Light to my path † † † by TJM Kyara
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” Ps 119:105 KJV
for archived light to my path visit http://www.light2mypath.blogspot.com/

No comments:

You might also like these: