Sunday, October 7, 2007

Vengeance is Mine, says the Lord

“…do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.…” Rom 12:19 NIV


Recently I was driving at night from a conference (full of anointing :-) when a driver behind me sprung his full light on and off and then on; he was signalling me to let him pass. I was on the middle lane of a three-lane motorway, I thought surely he can pass on the right, so I kept my speed and ‘my lane’ and he kept his full light on. After 2-3 mins I was furious, I moved to the left lane to let him pass then moved back into the middle lane right behind him and shot my full beam at him…I was determined to let him taste his own medicine…does this sound familiar? may be its just me!


Our natural instincts as human beings is to hit back, tit for tat; but the LORD says, let me handle them that hit you—vengeance is mine, I will get them for you and when I do, I will recompense you at the same time. But sometimes it feels like the Lord is taking too long to ‘get them’ that hurt us and we take matters into our own hands and in so doing we play God…how dangerous! Let God sort them out, your part is to take the matter into God’s hands and for God’s sake ‘leave it there’.

_________________________

copyright ©2007 Light to my path by TJM Kyara

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path Ps 119:105 KJV

* for archived light to my path visit www.light2mypath.blogspot.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel free to comment on the word, share your experience/testimony

TJ Kyara

Anonymous said...

This is great work, keep it up

Shallua

You might also like these: