Monday, November 19, 2007

Can God Forget?

“…Put Me in remembrance [remind Me of your merits]; let us plead and argue together. Set forth your case, that you may be justified (proved right) … ” Isaiah 43:26 AMP 1987 [italics and emphasis mine]

I don’t know about you but for me, the idea of a God who forgets scares my wits out. What if He forgets He created us? What if on judgment day He forgets that He saved me? What if He forgets to uphold the universe and the entire creation plummet into bottomless dark void beneath to posterity forever? This makes me wonder what the above scripture really means.

When the prophet of God told King Hezekiah that he will die, he turned to God and began to remind him (God) of his walk before him [2 Kings 20:1-6] and guess what? God listened (and remembered?) He changed His decision and added unto him 15 years. I believe the scripture above is about prayers/talking to God, bringing to his attention the things that we want to highlight at that moment. This is what James says that “…The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results…” [James 5:16b NLT]

_________________________
copyright ©2007 Light to my path † † † by TJM Kyara
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” Ps 119:105 KJV

No comments:

You might also like these: