Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Priority

“…But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her…“ Luke 10:40-42, NIV Italics and emphasis mine


Recently I was asked what was the most important thing in my life, without hesitation I said it was my family. Later on I thought, is my family really the most important thing in my life? should it be? what about God, ministry, extended family, friends, my career? If I were to choose between my career and ministry, which one should come first? Does my career exist to support my ministry or vice versa?

In the above text, Jesus told Mary's sister that her sister has made the right choice; He did not imply that Martha should have not prepared food etc for Him, but He was addressing her priority issues. This question still lingers to us today, what have we given priority in our life? If you want to know what has the highest priority in your life, look at what takes the most of your time, money and attention.

____________ _________ ___

copyright ©2008Light to my path by TJM Kyara

“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” Ps 119:105 KJV

No comments:

You might also like these: