Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where is your Confidence?

“…David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will hand you over to me, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head...” 1 Sam 17:45,46a NIV [italics & emphasis mine]



Recently I was bypassed by a promotion at work which I strongly believed was long due to me; I felt extremely bad, I was screaming inside (ready to put up a fight) because I thought I had earned that promotion and I had what it takes—excellent experience, education and technical know-how and why. Then the Lord reminded me that I have my trust misplaced, that promotion does not really come from East or West but from the Lord (Psalms 75:6-7 paraphrased).



Even though David spoke of his experience in the wilderness where he killed bear and lion; we see in the above scripture that his confidence was not in his experience or knowledge but in the Lord God. He had put his trust in the Lord and he was never disappointed. We see David, even after years in the palace as King over Israel, he still proclaimed that, though “…some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God…” Psalms 20:7 NIV



_________________________
copyright ©2008 Light to my path † † † by TJM Kyara

No comments:

You might also like these: