Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Evil Report?

“…and Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel...” Numb 13:30-32a NKJV [italics & emphasis mine]

The scripture above says that, the ten spies who were against Joshua and Caleb conclusion of the report, had brought up EVIL REPORT. The question is, how can it be evil if it contained facts? Fact was the men in Canaan were giants. But the truth was God had already given Israel the land regardless of the facts. Therefore the report was evil because it concluded with negative ‘opinion’ against God’s words (promise).

When scriptures says the just shall live by faith (Hebr 10:38), it does not mean that we should deny facts but rather we acknowledge the truth-God’s words (John 17:17). When I am sick, I do not dwell in my sickness instead I proclaim the truth ‘by his stripes I WAS healed’1; when poverty strike, I do not dwell in it instead I proclaim ‘He gives me power to get wealth’2; when death lurks in, I do not stare at the grave instead we proclaim ‘He will satisfy me with long life3 and ‘life and death are in the power of my tongue4


1. Isa 53:5b/1 Pet 2:24b 2. Deut 8:18a 3. Psa 91:16 4. Prov 18:21
_________________________
copyright ©2008 Light to my path † † † by TJM Kyara

No comments:

You might also like these: