Wednesday, December 3, 2008

God bless ME!

“…And He said, “Let Me go, for the day breaks.” But he said, “I will not let You go unless You bless me!”…And He said, “Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed.”…”Gen 32:26,28 NKJV [italics & emphasis mine]


Asking for a blessing seems to be a sign of pride (wanting to promote oneself), at least it used seem that way for me. For years I never had courage to stand before God and say, GOD BLESS ME. Yet, I can fast and pray for God to bless and prosper others…I can ask God to “be there” for others, but when it comes to me, somehow it felt like I will be imposing and impolite to ask let alone demand (insist firmly) for God to bless me. I had false humility for I terribly needed God to bless me.


Jacob demanded God to bless him, he was about to face his brother (whose blessing he had taken) and feared for his life. He said, I will not let Go until He blesses me…Blessing means “empowered to prosper” blessing is having divine favour on your side-it is a word (spell) spoken over you which brings about influence to prosper. Divine favor is God rising someone to use their power, ability and influence to help you. Jacob became Israel-the Nation—I challenge you today to stand before God and firmly, faith-full and reverently ASK GOD TO BLESS YOU.

_________________________
copyright ©2008 Light to my path † † † by TJM Kyara
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” Ps 119:105 KJVfor archived light to my path visit http://www.light2mypath.blogspot.com/

No comments:

You might also like these: