Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What do you want?

Jesus answered and said to him, “What do you want Me to do for you?” The blind man said to Him, “Rabboni, that I may receive my sight.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road...” Mark 10:51,52 NKJV (italics and emphasis mine)

A child was asked in Sunday school, what do you want to be when you grow up? He thought for a while then said, “I want to be God” Startled, the teacher asked, “why?”, “because I want to create things” answered the child jubilantly. Most people think they know what they want to be and do, but the truth is we only have a vague idea of who we want to be and what we want to achieve.

Jesus did not assume that the blind man needed to have sight, He asked him…and He is still asking us today and all He gets is vague answers. “I want to be blessed” “I want to be successful” “I want to reach the world” “I want to help people” “I want a better job” etc When our desire/wants/hope is not specific, we cannot accurately aim our faith, which is a prerequisite for an effective prayer.

¨■ “The world has the habit of making room for the man whose words and actions show that he knows where he is going -Napoleon Hill

[rushwa ni adui wa haki, sitatoa wala kupokea rushwa | bribe is the enemy of justice, I will neither give nor receive it ]

________________________________________________________

copyright 2009 Light to my path by TJM Kyara

No comments:

You might also like these: