Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fishers of Men

“…And He said to them, Come after Me [as disciples--letting Me be your Guide], follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men!…” Matt 4:19 AMP, italics and emphasis mine



Jesus talked to the disciples about fishery for they were fishermen; yet He tells them that He will MAKE THEM fishers of men. He was saying, I know you are fishers of fish, but I will turn you into fishers of men…all you have to do is FOLLOW ME (take my guidance, obey and trust me).



When a fish is caught, it is taken from the world that it can survive (water) into the world that it can’t (dry land)...it has to die. Jesus was saying, I will show you how you can take people from their world of sin into my world where they will die in themselves but be alive in Christ (Rom 6:11; 8:10)



[rushwa ni adui wa haki, sitatoa wala kupokea rushwa | bribe is the enemy of justice, I will neither give nor receive it ]

________________________________________________________

copyright 2009 Light to my path by TJM Kyara

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path Ps 119:105 KJV, for archived light to my path visit www.light2mypath.blogspot.com For my book, 'Seasons of Life' please visit www.seasonsoflife-thebook.blogspot.com

No comments:

You might also like these: