Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In all thy getting, get Wisdom

“…Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding…” Proverbs 4:7 NKJV, italics and emphasis mine



When God asked King Solomon to ask anything, he could have asked for riches, wealth, power, long life and all that; but instead he asks for wisdom. Surprisingly King Solomon in the above text did not say prayer, meditation, righteousness and humility. What is wisdom then? Wisdom is application of knowledge needed to live a good (Godly?) life.



Wisdom goes beyond knowing and understanding available options…it is the application thereof; to be wise, one must have knowledge. Dr Ed L Cole said, “…knowledge is acquiring of facts, understanding is interpretation of facts but wisdom is application of acquired and understood facts…Do you lack wisdom? According to James 1:5 you can pray (ask) for it…you need it to be successful in life.



I believe in prosperity for I believe in God, for He gives me power to get wealth © TJ Kyara

________________________________________________________

copyright 2009 Light to my path by TJM Kyara

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path Ps 119:105 KJV, for archived light to my path visit www.light2mypath.blogspot.com/ For my book, 'Seasons of Life' please visit www.seasonsoflife-thebook.blogspot.com

No comments:

You might also like these: