Thursday, August 20, 2009

Confident or Arrogant?

“…Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus…” Acts 4:13 NKJV, italics and emphasis mine


Apostle Paul, with his doctorate in law, Hebrew of Hebrews and a descendant of Abraham; says that if he has to boast, it will be in the things that shows his weakness (2 Cor 11:30). Weakness? he talks of the moment he was hidden and escaped over a window in a basket as he ran for his dear life. Today Ministers (and Christians) hide their weakness and parade their achievement.

Ministers (and Christians) today arrogantly display their achievements as the source of their boldness and loudness. I am not against achievements, I’m all for achievements—wealth, education, ministry…but note that it was so evident even to people that Peter and John’s confidence/boldness was from the fact that they had been with Jesus! Can we say the same of you?


I believe in prosperity for I believe in God, for He gives me power to get wealth
copyright 2009 Light to my path by TJM Kyara


No comments:

You might also like these: