Friday, August 14, 2009

Location Location Location

“…Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: "Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there…” 1 King 17:2-3 NIV, italics and emphasis mine

As I flew into London I was full of expectations; I thought that once I set my feet in England, all my financial problems will disappear…but after my first paycheck and all my bills paid, I was despondent to realize how much was left. When I visited Oxford and London, I was surprised to see beggars and homeless white/black people roaming the cities.

The truth of the matter is, there are wealthy and poor people in the so called developing world as well as in the developed world. As Christians, we need to seek God to know where we ought to be, not where we want to be, for where we ought to be God He has commanded ravens to feed us.


________________________________________________________

copyright 2009 Light to my path by TJM Kyara

No comments:

You might also like these: