Thursday, September 17, 2009

Answer to Long Life

“…What man is he who desires life and longs for many days, that he may see good. Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. Depart from evil and do good; seek, inquire for, and crave peace and pursue (go after) it…” Psalm 34:12-14 AMP, italics and emphasis mine

I have tried many things to keep myself healthy; I bought a bike which is now gathering dust, paid for gym membership which I rarely frequented. While it is important to have physical exercise and eat healthily, long life comes by being hooked to the source of life first. Paul tells Timothy that physical exercise profits a little, but Godliness will profit you now and eternal life (1 Tim 4:8)



David in the above text says if anyone desires life (quality) and longs for days (quantity) then simply do five things; ONE: keep your tongue from evil (profanity, vain speaking, blaspheme), TWO: keep your lips against deceit (lying, dishonest, trickery), THREE: depart from evil (repent and turn away from sin), FOUR: do good (especially to believers) and FIVE: desire and pursue, go after peace (harmony, serenity).



I believe in prosperity for I believe in God, for He gives me power to get wealth © TJ Kyara

________________________________________________________

copyright 2009 Light to my path by TJM Kyara

No comments:

You might also like these: