Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wake Up Call

"...But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you..." John 15:17-18 NKJV, italics and emphasis mine

When I recently visited Tz, having been away for nearly 10 years, I met lots of ''old'' friends/acquaintanc es. Some have really done well for themselves, but some not so good...divorced, alcoholic, workaholic etc. You see, when we begin to wonder off God's presence, it is not so obvious at the beginning (e.g. praying less, caring less for Godly things) but as time goes, the difference begins to show in the consequences of having walked away from the Lord.

The bible clearly says "when he (the prodigal son) came to himself", this means he was not himself as he walked away from the Father. Life has a way of taking the toll on us that we don't even realise how far we have wondered off from the truth, the love of God and the values that we used to hold dear. The daily routine, battles, struggles of life tends to anaesthetise us. I pray that the Holy Spirit will minister to those who have wondered off to come to their back to their senses--In Jesus Name!.

“I believe in prosperity for I believe in God, for He gives me power to get wealth”

Tim J Kyara
Husband of 1, Father of many www.timiresnassocia tes.com
Teacher of the Word www.light2mypath. blogspot. com
Minister and Elder www.christianreviva lcentreministry. org
Educator and Writer www.centre4excellen ce.com
PhD Research Student www.coventry. ac.uk/researchne t

No comments:

You might also like these: