Friday, February 11, 2011

Religion, the Opium of the People

“…those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world” © James 1:26,27 NIV italics and emphasis mine


If you want to see how drunk your church folks are, get a prostitute to visit your local church this Sunday morning in her ‘uniform’ and see what happens. Karl Max rightly said that religion is opium of the people; once we get drunk with this deadly drug, we forget what the Gospel is all about—justice, mercy and faithfulness.

The more I learn about the Gospel, the more I realise how little I know; for instance, Jesus touched people of their ‘distress’ prior to dealing with their sins, but today the church starts with sin!!! I have come to realization that people don’t care about how much I know until they know how much I care

Tim J Kyara

I believe in prosperity for I believe in God, for He gives me power to get wealth” © TJ Kyara


Virtual Pastor www.virtualchurch.webs.com www.sermon.net/crcm (NEW)
Husband of 1, Father of many www.timiresnassociates.com (UC)
Teacher of the Word www.light2mypath.blogspot.com
Minister and Elder www.christianrevivalcentreministry.org
Educator/Writer www.centre4excellence.com www.c4eresourceshop.co.uk
Financial Freedom Fighter www.timjaykay.wordpress.com


No comments:

You might also like these: