"…Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other…" 1 Thess 5:12-13 NIV italics and emphasis mine
If I was your Pastor, this is what I would have counsel you
to Be, Do and Have (not in any particular order):
1. As much as I love you, you come 4th in my priority list
after my wife, self and children – don't make me choose.
2. I invest my time, energy and skills to prepare a sermon,
you are obligated to attend mass – listen, heed and live it.
3. As I faithfully give and share my life with you every day,
you are obligated to take care of my needs (not greed).
4. I'm anointed and sent to protect, nurture, mature and
equip you for the work of the ministry not to baby sit you.
5. I'm your Pastor not your God, don't put me in His place,
don't call me when you know well you ought to call Him.
6. When I fail you, like all mortals do, don't take it against
God, take it to Him and cover me with forgiveness & love.
If you do this, we will become Christians in_deed, everyone
will want to join us and every minister will want to replace me.
So be weary of TWO things, 1. Wolves in sheep skin and,
2. Drive-by Ministers with big names but little heart and,shoddy character.
Light and Salt to the World: www.light2mypath.blogspot.com
Financial Freedom Fighter: www.timkyara.blogspot.com
Follow me on facebook: www.facebook.com/timothy.kyara