Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Balm of Gilead


“…Since my people are crushed, I am crushed; I mourn and horror grips me. Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is there no healing for the wound of my people…” Jeremiah 8:21-22 NIV [italics & emphasis mine]

Gilead was a beautiful country just beyond Jordan where a certain rare tree grew; the leaves from the branches of this tree were used to cure illnesses (Jer 51:8b); the tree was called the Balm. Ishmael travelling from Gilead carried it (Gen 37:25); when Children of Israel visited Joseph in Egypt their father instructed them to carry ‘the balm’ for Joseph.

The church today suffers enormous blows; people in church (born again, spirit filled, tongue talking sanctified saints) are physically sick, demon oppressed, riddled with poverty, problems in marriages has become a norm, problems at work and businesses…just to mention a few. Why? Where is the balm of Gilead???


¬
I believe in prosperity for I believe in God, for He gives me power to get wealth” © TJ Kyara

In His Service

//Tim J Kyara
Husband||Father||Teacher||ePastor||Engineer||Mentor

Teacher of the Word www.light2mypath.blogspot.com
Audio Sermons www.sermon.net/crcm 
Clean Humour 2 Health www.laughin2health.blogspot.com
Financial Freedom Fighter www.timkyara.blogspot.com
L2MP on facebook www.facebook.com/light2mypath 
Centre 4 Excellence facebook www.facebook.com/centre4excellence

No comments:

You might also like these: