Thursday, June 12, 2014

a God View - a Life View!

"God, the one and only—I’ll wait as long as he says. Everything I need comes from himso why not? He’s solid rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, An impregnable castle: I’m SET FOR LIFE" Psalms 62:1-2 MSG, italics and emphasis mine

Being curious of how my children see and understand God, I asked my children to draw a Picture of God on a sheet of paper. My son drew God as a man in trousers and my daughter drew God as a woman in a dress. Each laughed at the other for getting it wrong and defended their vision as being the right one.

We RELATE to a thing based on our 'understanding’ and ‘acceptance’ of it. When we have a new understanding and acceptance, the relationship changes automatically. I once knew God as a distant authoritarian figure anxiously waiting for me to err so that He can strike with vengeance…If you drew a picture of God, what will it be??? 

Tim Kyara
ePastor|Hekima Consultant 
Light and Salt to the World: www.light2mypath.blogspot.com
Financial Freedom Fighter: www.timkyara.blogspot.com
Follow me on facebook: www.facebook.com/timothy.kyara

No comments:

You might also like these: