Friday, May 1, 2009

Why call me Lord?

“…But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?…” Luke 6:46, NKJV, italics and emphasis mine


When we get saved, Jesus becomes our saviour since He did for us what we could not do for ourselves. He paid for our sins and secured a place for us with the father, through His sacrificial blood. Making Him our Lord (master, ruler, head, governor) however, is a choice that we have to make everyday.


Jesus said, in the above scripture, why do you call me Lord but you don’t do what I say? We call Jesus our Lord and Saviour, but when He talks to us about something that will either inconvenience or cost us? we simply put Him aside or on hold. Is Jesus the Lord over your money, time, relationships, work, ministry?


[rushwa ni adui wa haki, sitatoa wala kupokea rushwa | bribe is the enemy of justice, I will neither give nor receive it ]

________________________________________________________

copyright 2009 Light to my path by TJM Kyara

No comments:

You might also like these: